IC STUDIO is the Winner of CORPORATE VISION - Global Business Awards 2020 - Tax consultancy of the Year - Northern Italy


It is possible to hire employees in Italy even if you are a foreign company that doesn't have a branch or a subsidiary on the Italian territory.
In this case you need to have a Social Security Representative (SSR) to pay social security charges in Italy and to represent you in front of Authorities.

The SSR is necessary in all the cases where the foreign company has to comply with the Social Security legislation and, thus, pay Social Security charges in Italy.

Our professionals - Lawyers and Certified/Chartered Labor Consultants - would be proud to act as your Social Security Representative in Italy and will take care of preparing the necessary Power of Attorney and other necessary documents.

Social Security Services
- Director and company Italian tax codes (codice fiscale);
- Social Security Representation;
- Secondment consulting;
- Relationships with the Italian Social Security Authorities (INPS, INAIL);
- Assistance and advice on the completion and submission of the relevant social security forms;
- Employment contracts;
- Payroll slips services.

Please contact us if you need further information


The first step for a presence in Italy might be a Representative Office, the easiest way to establish a real presence in Italy for foreign companies.

It may support the parent company interested in the Italian market, both for marketing activities and business opportunities research or prepare the launch of the business in Italy.

The Representative Office is not an Italy tax payer so the activities that could be conducted are exclusively limited to:

- promotional actions;

- marketing researches;

- data-gathering;

- storage, display or delivery of goods belonging to the headquarters.

It is not allowed to have business activities related to the selling.
The Representative Office - according to the Italian legislation and the OECD Tax Model - is not subject to taxation and has no obligation to keep books, publish financial statements or file income tax or vat returns.
To open a Representative Office it is required to be registered at the Chamber of Commerce.
It is required to have a Legal Representative appointed by the parent company.
Instead foreign companies interested in real business activities may set up Italy company or Italy branch.

Representative Office Services

- collecting and preparing the relevant documents;

- arranging sworn document translations;

- obtaining of VAT and Tax codes;

- registering the Representative Office;

- setting up bank accounts;

- providing Representative Office domicile.